Self-defence Training and Workers confidence
Does self-defence training equal a more confident worker
We are frequently asked if self-defence training makes for more confident employees, and our answer is a resounding yes! With workplace violence on the rise, it is becoming more and more important to give your employees the tools, techniques and training they need to deal with this reality.
Confidence is the degree of faith we have in our own ability to successfully navigate our way through life on a day to day basis. Confident employees are an asset to an organization as they are more efficient, more productive, and they take the initiative.
For some people, confidence comes naturally. For others, it needs to be taught. And self-defence training is a highly effective way of doing just that.
How does self-defence training make employees more confident?
- Self defence training satisfies one of our basic human needs according to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs – the need for security and safety.
- You gain peace of mind knowing you can protect yourself if necessary, thereby reducing stress and improving your self-esteem.
- You learn to become more aware of your environment and the situations you are in, improving your mental focus.
- You learn the difference between a victim mindset and a winning mindset
- You learn how to recognize the signs of aggression and violence in others, and how to defuse before the situation escalates.
- You learn how to think “outside the box” and have a solution-based approach which spills over into every area of your life.
- You improve your focus, your concentration, and your ability to think under pressure.
Imagine having a focused, productive workforce happily and confidently performing their tasks and duties every day, knowing they are valued by you, their employer. This could be your reality. Call Resolution Education now on 0413 327 283 or email us for a friendly no-obligation discussion about how we can help.