PRACTICAL, REAL-LIFE TRAINING
Managing Aggressive People
We believe everybody should feel safe in their workplace.
At Resolution Education, our Managing Aggressive People Course is designed to give students the necessary tools and confidence to handle any aggressive or conflict situation in the workplace.
It is a powerful, fun and very informative training course. You will learn our ADD System of Dealing with Conflict and Aggression – AWARENESS, DIFFUSE, DEFEND and the best way to defuse an aggressive situation whether it’s verbal or physical.
Session 1: Introduction and general information on the day
Session 2: Why does aggression happen in the workplace
Session 3: Identifying the signs of aggression and the stages of each, verbal cues, visual cues
Session 4: Dealing with your work environment
Session 5: Team Interaction with an aggressive person
Session 6: Dealing with your emotions in an aggressive situation, how not to freeze
Session 7: Using your voice to diffuse the situation
Session 8: How to stop the aggression escalating
Session 9: Working on positives outcomes for each aggressive situation
Session 10: How to remove yourself from the situation
Session 11: Hands on Practical Training
Session 12: Closing comments and training review
As this is a hands on learning environment, a waiver form will be required by each participant to ensure insurance is kept up to date. Anybody who does not sign the waiver will not be able to participate in the physical activities.
This training course is designed for team members to:
- deescalate an aggressive situation in the workplace.
- learn how to see the signs of a customer becoming aggressive
- learn the 5 easy steps of resolving any aggressive situation within the workplace
- learn what action to take if the situation becomes physical
- learn how to use your voice to resolve the aggressive situation and what to say.
- learn how to control your emotions during an aggressive conversation.
What you’ll learn:
- the right mindset for the situation and how not to panic
- be able to confidently defend yourself
- evaluating your environment – situational awareness
- different techniques to counter any verbal or physical attack with simple but powerful strategies
- your voice and words are your number one tool to defuse any situation
- various ways to handle multiple attack situations
- what to do if weapons are involved, and what you may be able to use as a weapon
You will receive:
- practical tools and techniques to handle aggressive situations
- an excellent day of theoretical and hands-on training
- fun and interactive exercises to build confidence
- a comprehensive manual to cement your learnings