This course is specifically designed for teachers and educators to combat incidences of violent behaviour in the classroom.
We’ll teach strategies to manage challenging students and to defuse volatile situations.
Following the guiding principle of Resolve if you can, defend if you must, restraint is used as a last resort. We show how to control without causing harm whilst keeping yourself safe.
You will learn:
- awareness of physical environment changes and how to manage appropriately
- to identify a potentially threatening situation before it escalates
- to commit to a course of action to defuse the situation
- solutions for managing volatile behaviour
- techniques for protecting yourself from harm
- how to be calm and confident to defend yourself against a violent student.