This course has been created for teachers and educators to combat the increased incidence of violent behaviour in the classroom.
You will learn strategies to manage students with challenging behaviours, and to defuse volatile situations.
Following the guiding principle of Resolve if you can, defend if you must, restraint is used as a last resort, and we show you how to control the student without causing harm whilst keeping yourself safe.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- be aware of changes to your physical environment and manage appropriately
- identify a potentially threatening situation before it escalates
- commit to a course of action to defuse the situation
- have solutions for managing volatile behaviour
- have techniques for protecting yourself from harm
calmly and confidently be able to defend yourself against a violent students.