DE-ESCALATION FOR SOCIAL WORKERS
De-Escalation Training For Social Workers
As a social worker, having the skills to de-escalate rising tensions is essential. Resolution Education de-escalation training programs arms you with the techniques required to safely and successfully work as a social worker. Working a job such as this requires high levels of patience, but patience alone cannot ensure a safe environment for all those involved. Techniques in the art of de-escalation gained through our training can help you deal with unexpected situations in a manner that will diffuse situations rather than escalate them further.
The Importance Of De-Escalation For Social Workers
De-escalation training programs use strategies developed from the principals of psychology to help you:
– Recognise changes in other’s behaviour.
– Predict potentially risky situations before they arise.
– Help you resolve them promptly and effectively.
– Diffuse conflicts enough that a constructive discussion can take place.
– Assess all potential risks and create strategies for dealing with each of them.
– De-escalate situations verbally and non-verbally.
– Conduct yourself in a non-threatening and approachable way.
Re-Learning The Necessary Skills To Improve Communication
When faced with opposition, the natural human reaction is either fight, flight, or freeze. These responses have less than ideal outcomes as a social worker, so to have productive results, you must gain a more calm and collected approach to handling such high-stress situations.
Resolution Education programs will help you understand that reasoning and logic will not have any effect on a person operating solely on emotions and that your main aim is to lower the tension levels enough that a constructive discussion becomes possible.
How Does Resolution Education Help Social Workers?
At Resolution Education, we offer both physical and non-physical Occupational Violence and Aggression training explicitly designed for social workers that will train you in the methods of diffusing hostile or possibly hostile situations and individuals.
Our role-playing and team interaction exercises will teach you how to:
- Deal with an aggressive person (physical + non-physical training).
- Identify the signs of approaching aggression.
- Identify the different stages of aggression and adequate responses.
- Recognise verbal cues and visual cues of aggression.
Through proper de-escalation training, you can learn the skills necessary to resolve escalating situations social workers face, no matter how unpredictable. You will develop the confidence to manage complicated interactions with clients while remaining centered and making those under your care feel safe and protected. These skills are not just helpful, but necessary in such a sensitive field of work.
Explore more about our various training programs such as Conflict Resolution and Training for trainers that are flexible and fully customisable to meet your needs. Call us at 1300 884 589 to learn how we can help you in performing your job with confidence.
Register interest in a training course
Please complete the form below to register your interest in running a specially designed training course to meet your company needs.