DE-ESCALATION FOR MENTAL HEALTH
At Resolution Education, we have created a training course specifically designed for the mental health industry to combat incidences of violent behaviour in the workplace. We’ll teach strategies to manage challenging patients and to defuse volatile situations.
Following the guiding principle of Resolve if you can, defend if you must, restraint is used as a last resort. We show how to control your patients calmly without causing harm whilst keeping yourself protected and safe at work.
You will learn:
- awareness of physical environment changes and how to manage appropriately
- to identify a potentially threatening situation before it escalates
- to commit to a course of action to defuse the situation
- solutions for managing volatile behaviour
- techniques for protecting yourself from harm
- how to be calm and confident to defend yourself against a violent patient
Call us on 1300 884 589 for more information about our training options for your workplace. Or fill in the form below
Get in touch with us using the form below
Register interest in a training course
Please complete the form below to register your interest in running a specially designed training course to meet your company needs.